These are easy to throw together and are a great side to chili, stew, or just by themselves. Corn is highly genetically modified, and also high in sugar, so I look to avoid corn. These have no corn, no processed sugar at all, and will fool anyone! They even fooled my mom tonight! My husband said to call them Matrix Muffins – as he doesn’t know how we know what ingredients go together to taste like corn, but have no corn in them!? They are amazing. Make a batch yourself and take them to your next party and surprise everyone! Then enjoy all the accolades too as they taste delicious!
3/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon raw honey
1/2 cup milk of choice plus 2 tablespoons ( I use almond)
Three large eggs
Three-quarter cup coconut flour
1/2 cup gluten-free mix (are used Bob’s red Mill new 1 – 1 ratio GF flour)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
2. Prep muffin tins with muffin liners for 12 muffins
3. In Kitchen Aid mixing bowl, or hand mixer, add coconut oil, raw honey, milk, and eggs. Mix well with whisk attachment.
4. In separate medium bowl, combine dry ingredients together.
5. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into mixing bowl with wet ingredients and mix on low speed until smooth.
6. Spoon into 12 muffin tins.
7. Bake for 17-19 minutes.
Cool for two to three minutes.